Core Philosophy Faculty:
Elisabeth Camp email@example.com
Frances Egan firstname.lastname@example.org
Alvin Goldman email@example.com
Barry Loewer firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Matthews email@example.com
Brian McLaughlin firstname.lastname@example.org
Susanna Schellenberg email@example.com
Stephen Stich firstname.lastname@example.org
Katalin Balog (Philosophy) email@example.com
Randy Gallistel (Psychology) firstname.lastname@example.org
Rochel Gelman (Psychology) email@example.com
Alan Leslie (Psychology) firstname.lastname@example.org
Zenon Pylyshyn (Psychology) email@example.com
Matthew Stone (Computer Science) firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Woolfolk (Psychology) email@example.com
Recent graduate student placement:
- Richard Dub, “Delusions, Acceptances, and Cognitive Feelings,” Brian McLaughlin (advisor), Swiss Center for Affective Sciences, University of Geneva (post-doc)
- Alexander Morgan, “On the Matter of Memory: Neural Computation and the Mechanisms of Intentional Agency”, Frances Egan and Robert Matthews (advisors), Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of Tübingen (post-doc)
- Karen Shanton, “How many Persons am I? An Empirical Investigation of Personhood and the Unconscious,” Alvin Goldman (advisor), ACLS Fellow
- Jennifer Nado, “Intuition and Inquiry,” Stephen Stich (advisor), Assistant Professor, Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Walter Dean, “What Algorithms Could Not Be,” Robert Matthews (advisor), Assistant Professor, University of Warwick.
- Carlos Montemayor, “The Psychology of Time and its Philosophical Implications,” Alvin Goldman (advisor), Assistant Professor, San Francisco State University.
- Iris Oved, “The Mental Coining of Terms,” Jason Stanley (advisor), University of Arizona, Department of Computer Science (post-doc)
- Douglas Parvin, “Phenomenal Concepts,” Brian McLaughlin (advisor), Assistant Professor, Augustana College.
- Joseph Corabi, “Evolutionary Arguments and the Mind/Body Problem,” Brian McLaughlin (advisor), Assistant Professor, St. Joseph’s University.
- Daniel Kelly, “Projectivism Psychologized: A Cognitive and Evolutionary Perspective on Disgust and its Philosophical Implications,” Stephen Stich (advisor), 2yr. post-doc at Sydney University, tenure track position at Purdue University.
- Gary Bartlett, “Taking Phenomenal Internalism Seriously,” Brian McLaughlin (advisor), Assistant Professor, Central Washington University.
- Kevin Edwards, “Referentialism Without Compromise” Jerry Fodor (advisor), Assistant Professor, Syracuse University.
- Bernard Molyneux, “Aspects of Consciousness Explained,” Alvin Goldman (advisor), Assistant Professor, University of California at Davis.
- Chandra Sripada, “Conceptual Foundations for the Psychology and Evolution of Morality,” Stephen Stich (advisor), Assistant Professor, University of Michigan.
- Matthew Phillips, “Intentional States and Intentional State Ascriptions: An Integrated Linguistic/Psychological Account,” Robert Matthews (advisor), Research Associate, Columbia University Medical Center.
- Jeffrey Buechner, “A Critical Examination of Hilary Putnam’s Refutation of Computational Functionalism,” Frances Egan (advisor), lecturer, Rutgers/Newark.
- Catherine Driscoll, “Darwinizing Human Nature: Evolutionary Issues in Sociobiology and Evolutionary Psychology,” Stephen Stich (advisor), Assistant Professor, North Carolina State University.
- Susan Schneider, “Meaning and the Computational Mind: The Role of Intentional and Computational States in a Scientific Psychology,” Jerry Fodor (advisor), Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania.
- Adam Wager, “Perceptual Awareness and Perceptual Knowledge,” Brian McLaughlin (advisor), Assistant Professor, University of Vermont.