The following documents provide information and advice for undergraduate philosophy majors who are considering whether to pursue an advanced degree in philosophy. "Graduate Study in Philosophy" provides an overall view from the perspective of the Rutgers Department faculty; the other documents provide various perspectives from writers at different institutions and academic news journals. If you are interested in considering advanced work, you should talk with a faculty member who is familiar with your work and interests.
- Graduate Study in Philosophy
- Graduate School in the Humanities: Just Don't Go
- A Bad Reputation
- Grad School Blues
- Balance Sheet: Staying Healthy, and Even Happy, in Graduate School
- It's Tough Out There for New Ph.D.'s but Some Universities Give Graduates a Leg Up
- The Long Haul Degree!
- The Crisis in Higher Education