Are you eligible to take an independent study?
Students with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 may register for an independent study. This is a self-directed project under the supervision of a member of our faculty. We recommend reviewing their research interests: https://www.sas.rutgers.edu/cms/phil/people/faculty
*Credits: determined 'by arrangement'.
- 730:393___Fall Semester; Lower-level
- 730:493___Fall Semester; Upper-level
- 730:394___Spring Semester; Lower-level
- 730:494___Spring Semester; Upper-level
- Students should first contact their preferred advisor to request permission to work under their supervision.
- Once permission has been granted, students are required to fill out our Independent Study Proposal Form
- Students should attach the advisor's email to the proposal form for departmental records
- Only upon turning in the completed proposal form that displays the faculty member's signature will the student be given a special permission number to register. To obtain a special permission number, please email the Undergraduate Program Administrator, or stop by the Philosophy Department (106 Somerset St. CAC).